The DiscountMugs 2021 Cyber Deals are here! Download our latest catalog to take advantage of the huge discounts we have prepared for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Click on the link below and find incredible deals on the promotional items you love.
Discount Mugs Blog
When we heard that Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) was looking for face mask donations, we quickly stepped up to help. DiscountMugs.com donated 10,000 disposable face masks for MDCPS students and 5,000 KN-95 face masks for teachers. The distribution of these masks has already started and will continue throughout the month.
"We want to ensure that students and teachers have access to face masks to comply with CDC guidelines. Ever since the pandemic began, we created a community outreach program to assist first responders and small businesses. We have donated face masks, hand sanitizers, face shields, and also custom promotional products to help businesses promote themselves during these unprecedented times. We want to do our part in helping our South Florida community," stated DiscountMugs.com CEO Sai Koppaka.
"Miami-Dade County Public Schools is grateful for the generous donation made by DiscountMugs.com to help ensure the safety and wellness of students and employees. The 15,000 masks will be distributed to schools to support our efforts to Reopen SMART and Restart SAFE," stated Jaime Torrens, Chief of Staff, Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
Original PR News Story: DiscountMugs.com Donates 15,000 Masks to Miami-Dade County Public Schools
The six program participants were awarded $2,000 each in merchandise include:
- 90 Miles Tattoo Studio in Edgewater - “The shop’s been open for two years and we recently moved to a new location in Edgewater last December, when the whole pandemic hit Miami. We had only been there for two months at the new location and we had to closed for three months. We’re just getting back on our feet, so this program is very helpful,” stated Alejandro Gonzalez, owner of 90 Miles Tattoo Studio.
- Latin House Grill in Kendall - “We lost 90% of our business overnight. For a period of three months we have it brought up to 25%. We lost staff and since it's a family business and we also work with multiple members from both sides, and it’s been hard for the older family members to keep them at home and provide some sort of income for them. We started with outside seating with shades and umbrellas, but the rainy weather did not help. We started going strong on deliveries to sustain the business. We have now incorporated our Fit Meal weekly meal service to supplement business for now. Our goal is to be back on track, hopefully by the end of the year,” stated Michelle & Bella Sanchez, owners of Latin House Grill.
- Mimi’s Touch Salon in Coral Gables - “We’ve been at our current location for nine years and have been in business 18 years. The pandemic has truly affected our business and took us by surprise. We spent two months of complete uncertainty. Since opening, we’ve fluctuated from good days to slow days, but we are staying positive and making sure to provide all the possible safety measures for clients. This donation will help us by providing promotional items to give to our clients, plus face masks to provide to our staff and clients,” said Mimi Aguiar, owner of Mimi’s Touch Salon.
- Mojo Donuts in Westchester, Coral Gables and Pembroke Pines - Owned by Jimmy Piedrahita, Willie Munoz, and Shawn Neifeld (Mojo Donuts founder), Mojo Donuts prides itself on having the best gourmet donuts in town. They are the first and only donut shop, to be featured on the Food Network’s show Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. “During these times of uncertainty, receiving donations like these means hope to all our staff and their loved ones,” said Jimmy Piedrahita, co-owner of Mojo Donuts.
- Topp Cuttaz in Miami Gardens & Miami Lakes - “Topp Cuttaz is one of South Florida’s premier barber, salon and spas. The idea of the business is to bring the feel of South Beach to the hood. It’s perfect for the entire family. We are very grateful for the donation of promotional products as they will help us to regain recognition and boost business in theses trying times,” stated Michael Stephens, Owner & Operator of Topp Cuttaz.
- Robert Is Here Fruit Stand & Farm in Homestead - Robert Is Here Fruit Stand & Farm is a family-owned and operated fruit stand in Homestead, FL and the first Florida-based entry into the National Culinary Heritage Register. They specialize in rare and exotic fruits and vegetables, mostly grown in their farms. Although the location started off as a literal fruit stand located on the side of the road, it has grown into a complete tourist destination equipped with an animal farm, play area and picnic tables. “Robert Is Here closed for six weeks due to pandemic and reopened with drive-thru only services. We are at 65% percent of where we were last year, but the pandemic has impacted and will continue to impact our ability to do business. We are now relying on local support, since we have lost the main tourism related business. The donation from DiscountMugs.com will help us to obtain needed wellness items, such as masks, as well as bags and other items that will help us promote our business,” stated Heather Moehling, Director of Human Resources for Robert Is Here Fruit Stand & Farm.
The Small Business Assistance Program is DiscountMugs.com’s newest initiative to assist the community. The company has previously donated 11,000 face masks to low-income seniors and 500 face shields to first responders.
“Small businesses have been severely impacted in these unprecedented times. We wanted to help business owners in different communities by giving them tools to promote their businesses," stated DiscountMugs.com CEO Sai Koppaka.
DiscountMugs.com is proud to announce that has donated 11,000 surgical masks to low-income seniors in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. This effort was made possible through a partnership with IMC Health Medical Centers to help assist seniors in having the necessary masks to follow coronavirus related protection guidelines. The average age of the members receiving the reusable masks is 74 years of age, with most not having the means to purchase supplies.
Well-oiled cogs in a machine create efficiency, and team building events are essential to a healthy workplace culture. The driving force behind the growth and performance of an organization, the achievement of the whole depends on how well they work together. Team building events like a summer company barbecue are a great way to promote comradery, if not friendship, among employees. Here's what you need to know to plan the ultimate team building event.
Your team completed a milestone on the road, or perhaps you’re soaked in sweat after a group workout promoting your brand-new gym or yoga studio. The one thing on everyone’s mind is a cool, hydrating drink and you hand them disposable water bottles. Take it from the ones who know, this isn’t exactly the best reward for their hard work.
The key to the success of your cause are memorable fundraising events with the energy to stand out and get the attention of your audience. Non-profits, charities, community sports teams, as well as some school school programs and church groups, all depend on the ability of their leaders to rise funds from the community. However, walkathons, marathons, raffles or other events of the like aren’t at all exclusive to the industry, and many dabble in similar approaches to promote their own agenda. Here are some fun, simple and easy fundraising ideas that are guaranteed to bring your success.
Trade shows are terrific opportunities for businesses to increase their exposure and connect with potential clients. However, convention floors are often congested with visitors and it can be challenging for brands to stand out in the crowd. Here are some strategies your business can implement to grab the attention of your guests and slay at trade shows.
Nonprofit organizations such as charities, schools, and specific group-cause campaigns depend on the money they raise to serve their movement. Orchestrating unique ideas every year, and sometimes seasons, can come as a challenge to even the most creative groups. Before you launch into planning mode for those infusions of cash, you first must determine what generates the most interest from your audience and tailor your ideas in a way that are unique to your organization or event. The goal is to procure enthusiasm and excitement from donors and volunteers.
Dive into DiscountMugs Ultimate Guide to Fundraising Ideas and lookout for useful hints that can help you all the way to success.
Promotional products are a practical way businesses can achieve effective branding and avoid outdated, impersonal or expensive advertising. While modern consumer expectations of value and personalization already dominate the industry, unique promo items also present audiences with gifts they can appreciate and stand behind. They're simply the perfect vehicle to making vital business information ever-present at a reasonable price.
Business owners are constantly faced with challenges. Form achieving quarterly and yearly goals, to bringing in more clients, or effectively budgeting for aspects like health care and hiring an efficient team; entrepreneurs today find themselves juggling their way to success. In addition, the ultra-competitive nature of the business industry demands constant engagement with prospects, as well as participation in marketing and advertising strategies to promote and increase brand awareness.
Is your bar or restaurant experiencing a bit of a slump? Are you looking for ways to stimulate the atmosphere and help bring in more customers without having to spend a lot on advertising? Offering patrons discounts like happy hour deals are a great way to start, but if you’re already strapped for cash, there are plenty of other options you can try that won’t affect your bottom line.
Winter weddings are unlike any other celebration. Although most couples lean towards the warmth of spring and summer, winter is a magical time to come together and commemorate the love shared between two people. The icy weather characteristic of the season turns outside venues into dreamy and romantic settings, while crisp winds hint at a-moment-notice snowfalls that will make your candid photos resemble props inside a snow globe. Look inside for winter-themed wedding ideas that will give your special day stunning finishing touch and intimate feel.
Thanksgiving is the unique time of the year when we share a bit of ourselves, and abundance, with our community and the people we love. Few holidays make it socially acceptable to eat as much as physically possible, and we often associate major celebrations with taking time off work. However, spending time with people we care about, practicing family traditions, making special recipes and teaching them to our children, as well as opening our homes to those who are less fortunate, can bring an overflow of joy to our lives.