All too soon, the warmer weather will start to fade away and the coolness of fall will set in, bringing with it milder temperatures and pumpkin-flavored everything. Fall weddings are especially beautiful as the leaves and the season continue to change. These months of the year are a unique time in which to get married, no matter where in the country you are planning to have your fall wedding.
There are so many creative and beautiful ideas for planning a fall wedding. Planning websites, magazines, and Pinterest can offer a limitless amount of inspiration for a wedding ceremony, reception, and bridal party gift ideas. Whether a wedding is elaborate or simple, indoors or outdoors, modern or vintage, creative fall wedding ideas are right at the reach of your fingers.
The bridal party is a special group that also needs to be taken care of before and during a wedding. As the bridesmaids make sure the bride remains calm and tend to her various needs, and while the groomsmen are busy planning the bachelor party, there are opportunities to make your ladies feel special. In the midst of fittings, rehearsals, and running errands, here are some bridal party gift ideas to get you started:
- Gift baskets: Bridesmaids and groomsmen may love the idea of a gift basket, especially if it has a theme. A coffee-themed gift basket can be filled with a gift card to a local coffee shop, personalized stainless steel travel mugs, some tasty baked goods, and a small box of chocolates. Reusable coffee mugs are environmentally-friendly and practical in their use. Plus, they’re perfect for keeping fall drinks like hot chocolate, or pumpkin spiced latte’s warm. Another gift basket idea is to put together a picnic set with a bottle of wine, personalized picnic blankets, and some pretty plates to help the members of the bridal party relax after all of their hard work.
- Practical gifts: These are always appreciated and can be used long after a wedding is over. Pretty headphones, fashionable phone cases, high-quality reusable water bottles, and travel totes for men and women are gifts everyone can use. Cozy custom hoodie sweatshirts are not only unique, but will keep the members of your party warm as well. Sweatshirts can be worn during the fall season and beyond as they also serve as a reminder of your special day.
- Monogrammed gifts: A classic piece of jewelry or a monogrammed clutch in your wedding colors show that you took the time to make the gifts special for the members of your bridal party. Customized coffee mugs with photos of you and your bridesmaids are not only personal, but serve a purpose for that hot cup of tea or coffee on a fall evening or morning.
- Personalized gifts: If there is something special that defines your relationship with each member of your bridal party, try to implement that into the gifts you choose. For example, if you both enjoy eating at a certain restaurant or bar, you can choose a gift based on that love. If you met under funny or unique circumstances, take him or her back to that time with a gift only the two of you would understand.
- Destination gifts: If you are prepared to give a more elaborate gift, give each member of the bridal party a night away at a bed and breakfast, a hotel in a nearby city, or a resort. After all of that hard work, don’t they deserve it? Reusable custom gift bags are perfect to hold the treats and treasures for the bridal party and are available in a variety of colors to match your fall wedding theme. Don’t forget to add in a card with a personal message expressing your gratitude and add in colorful tissue. Bridal party gift ideas can be unique as you are!
There are so many details to remember as a wedding is being planned; aside from the décor, there is the comfort of the guests to think about, the ambiance of the ceremony and reception, and the food. Since this special day belongs to the bride and groom, they have the freedom to be as creative or as simple as they desire. As you are looking to make your plans, keep these creative fall wedding ideas in mind:
- For invitations, consider burlap or twine to incorporate a fall theme into the design. Wrap in romantic lace or consider a rustic design. The gloriousness that is fall gives you the freedom to mix natural textures with vibrant colors.
- Having an outdoor ceremony gives couples a beautiful backdrop from nature herself. An archway in front of where the guests are sitting can be fashioned from natural vines, leaves, and fall plants. An evening ceremony could be lighted with simple candles or lanterns.
- Consider wedding colors in shades of chocolate, purple, red, cream, and deep maroon. Orange and black also make for a striking contrast.
- When it comes time to decide the type and color of flowers, yellows and reds are a beautiful option. Sunflowers also make a bouquet pop for the bride and the bridal party. In-season flowers include spray red roses, red rover mums, and Alstroemeria. For centerpieces, layer wheat bundles with simple orange flowers and place in Mason jars.
- The wedding cake could be as simple as a white layered design draped with leaves of fondant, or you could go more fun and have chocolate- and caramel-covered apples instead. Serve warm cider, hot chocolate, or set up a coffee bar as a warm treat for guests. For a wedding favor, serve warm drinks in custom mugs imprinted with your name and wedding date or some other creative message.
- If you are sending guests away with small gifts, consider small apple pies, hot cocoa mix in a jar, or tasty caramel candies.
Fall weddings are a perfect opportunity to celebrate your love while friends and family become witness to the shared joy. Discount Mugs is committed to providing quality personalized and custom items for fall weddings and bridal party gifts. From clothing and accessories to bags and glassware, we provide on-time shipping and personal customer service. We also have a selection of wedding favors to choose from.